I’m just feeling good.
For the first time in such a long time…. things are actually positive in my life.
I feel deeply grateful for:
- My partner, Z – Who has graced my world with his wild artistic energy and honest streak, giving me a safe place to fall and a safe place to share my feelings.
- Our beautiful cat, Miss Meowjasty – Who brings leaves and dust into the home on a regular basis (Ugh), but also offers many fluffy cuddles and headbumps of joy.
- Our new house – Which took a while to find! It is colourful, spacious, feng-shui oriented and has a huge backyard filled with fruit trees and herbs. Yaye!
- My job – Which gives me ample $$s and also provides me with a platform to do incredible good for the world, in the space of 1) teaching neurodiverse adults life skills, 2) finding meaningful work for neurodiverse adults (jobs THEY love), 3) working in a brilliant team of fellow autistics who shine a light on all they touch.
- Our friends – Who seem to be the most unlikely bunch of misfits and weirdoes; a loveable group who fill my life with laughs and genuine connections.
So. I reflect on this and… I feel quite blessed.
It has taken such a long time to come to this point, but I feel good. And yes, of course there are still difficulties to overcome, challenges that I face– yet these feel like bumps on the road; not traps or barriers. It is a nice feeling to have these aspects that bring me joy and calm….